Residential Counselors (F/T or P/T - AM, PM, Overnight, Weekends)
Job Code: ALLDC38719 Location: Brooklyn, NYRecognized as the #1 Best Company to Work for In New York, the YAI Network is an award-winning, nationally acclaimed network of not-for-profit health and human services agencies dedicated to building brighter futures for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages and their families. We serve individuals, families, and communities in the New York City metropolitan area as well as Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Sullivan Counties within New York State. The most recent additions to our network include services to New Jersey and Puerto Rico. Our full range of services include early intervention, pre-school, family supports, day treatment and day habilitation programs, employment training and placement, clinical and residential services, as well as recreation and camping services.
Proud recipients of the following awards:
- New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS SHRM)
#1 Best Company to Work For in New York Award
- American Psychological Associationís National Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award
F/T / P/T 7am-3pm/3pm-11pm/11pm-7am; P/T Weekends; opportunities for overtime
Responsibilities: The YAI Network has immediate openings for Full-Time 7am-3pm/3pm-11pm/11pm-7am and Part-Time Weekend Counselors to work in one of our Brooklyn Group Homes / Residences. Join our dynamic team teaching daily and independent living skills, providing individual & group counseling, and promoting community integration.
* BA / BS / BSW or some college a plus
* New York State Driver's License Required (except for overnight shifts)
* Willingness to work with people with developmental disabilities
* Team Skills
* F/T 7am-3pm
* F/T 3pm-11pm
* F/T 11pm-7am
* P/T Weekends - can work 14 to 28 hours on the weekends
* Opportunities for overtime
* Training provided
* Some Locations of our Group Homes in Brooklyn: Downtown Brooklyn, Park Slope, Midwood, Flatbush, Sheepshead Bay
For additional information please visit www.yai.org
Keywords: direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, social worker, habilitation specialist, direct care counselor, human services, social services, social work, direct care, sociology, psychology, philosophy, peace studies, urban affairs, health sciences, health services, liberal arts, developmental disabilities, mental health, behavioral health
Copyright © 2009. All Rights Reserved.