Community Training Specialists-Day Hab Without Walls
Job Code: 3112955 Location: ManhattanRecognized as the #1 Best Company to Work for In New York, the YAI Network is an award-winning, nationally acclaimed network of not-for-profit health and human services agencies dedicated to building brighter futures for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages and their families. We serve individuals, families, and communities in the NYC metropolitan area, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Sullivan Counties within New York State. The most recent additions to our network include services to New Jersey and Puerto Rico. Our full range of services include early intervention, pre-school, family supports, day treatment and day habilitation programs, employment training and placement, clinical and residential services, as well as recreation and camping services.
Proud recipients of the following awards:
- New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS SHRM)
#1 Best Company to Work For in New York Award
- American Psychological Association’s National Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award
Responsibilities: YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities has immediate openings for Community Training Specialists to work in our Day Habilitation Programs in the
To enhance service to consumers, this position will require flexibility in terms of working autonomously in the community with consumer groups, transporting consumers to and/or from their homes and volunteer sites each day, and using the natural environment as an instructional setting.
· To serve as a full-time Community Training Specialist and community activity developer in a program with out walls model.
· To meet individuals in the community and provide productive activities at various volunteer sites and community venues. Provide full time supervision and habilitative services in a stand alone with out walls model.
· To develop/maintain volunteer sites and community venues.
· To develop individuals annual and semi-annual treatment plans in accordance with Departments quality assurance standards.
· To document daily activities and individual’s response to service in Day Services Digital Agency electronic record system.
· To be able to document daily services while in community setting and/or with home computer.
· To be able to work closely and coordinate schedules with families, residences, and case managers. Communicate clearly and effectively with families, case managers and/or residential staff.
· To be familiar with and demonstrate the ability to utilize public transportation to enable consumers to travel to all community sites.
* BA / BS / BSW required
* Experience with MR/DD/MH population a plus
* Team skills
* Strong writing and communication skills
* Training provided
* Driver's License not required
* Must be available F/T Monday-Friday
Keywords: direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, social worker, habilitation specialist, direct care counselor, human services, social services, social work, direct care, sociology, psychology, philosophy, peace studies, urban affairs, health sciences, health services, liberal arts, developmental disabilities, mental health, behavioral health
Copyright © 2009. All Rights Reserved.