Residential Supervisors (NYC Metro Area)
Job Code: 260862
Recognized as the #1 Best Company to Work for In New York, the YAI Network is an award-winning, nationally acclaimed network of not-for-profit health and human services agencies dedicated to building brighter futures for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages and their families. We serve individuals, families, and communities in the NYC metropolitan area, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Sullivan Counties within New York State. The most recent additions to our network include services to New Jersey and Puerto Rico. Our full range of services include early intervention, pre-school, family supports, day treatment and day habilitation programs, employment training and placement, clinical and residential services, as well as recreation and camping services.
Proud recipients of the following awards:
- #1 Best Company to Work For in New York Award
by the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS SHRM)
- APA National Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award
by the American Psychological Association
At YAI/NIPD, you will experience a rapidly growing, nationally recognized agency at the cutting edge of the field, with a strong and supportive management team. You will be rewarded with a professional, friendly work environment that facilitates open communication and participatory management, where you are truly valued as the professional you are and where your opinion really matters in ensuring the most productive environment for our consumers and staff. Even as a manager, you will receive on-going state-of-the-art training, supportive supervision and a commitment to supporting your education and career goals. We are dedicated to providing the resources to our management staff to ensure they continue to advance their skills, are consistently motivated and challenged to be the best Managers in the field.
We currently seek high energy, self starting individuals to supervise one of our residential group homes for 6-12 adults with developmental disabilities in NYC Metro area. Your managerial and clinical skills will be maximized in an interdisciplinary team environment, where there is ongoing support and training.
Our management philosophy ensures facilitating the agency's "Open Door Policy", to ensure open communication at all times, and "Participatory Management", which ensures that staff at all levels are actively involved in the decision making process.
Supervisor responsibilities include:
* staff training, mentoring and supervision of 15-25 direct care staff
* program oversight, quality assurance and maintaining state regs.
* managing a budget of at least $1/2 million
* oversee consumer clinical programming and curriculum development
* advocate and liaison with families and consumer related services
* active participation in community relations and fundraising
Requirements for Management positions:
* Master's or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred for Supervisor positions
* Bachelor's or Associate's degree strongly preferred for Asst. Supervisor
* Experience with ID/DD/MH or related social services experience required
* Must have prior supervisory experience in social services for Supervisor
positions. Greater flexibility for Asst. Supervisor positions.
* Flexibility to work evenings and weekends required.
Please apply online below. For more information about the YAI Network, please visit www.yai.org. EOE